The club prides itself on its relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and you can count on a warm welcome in our well appointed clubhouse, which is the former mansion house on the Easter Moffat estate.
The Club was founded in 1922 as a result of the post-war boom in the game and the enthusiasm of a few local stalwarts. Its beginning was a modest one, a wooden Army hut serving as a Clubhouse and the course comprising nine holes in the parkland of Easter Moffat. The course was extended to 18 holes in 1945, and as membership has grown, the layout has been further developed and improved. The Clubhouse is a listed building and appears to have been built in 1838. It has been extended over the years and many improvements have been carried out so that it now provides a comfortable setting in which to relax after a round of golf. The club is now a popular and busy members club, with a healthy waiting list and a growing reputation as one of the best places to play in Lanarkshire.
Located 2 miles east of Airdrie, Easter Moffat is rightly regarded as a challenging golf course, with good views across to the Campsie and Ochil hills. The course has a number of interesting holes, and the 12th is widely regarded as the toughest par 4 in the county. An ambitious programme of course improvements over the last 10 years has led to Easter Moffat acquiring a reputation as one of the best golf courses in Lanarkshire. The signature 18th hole, played from an elevated tee to the green in front of the clubhouse, is a memorable finishing hole. Although a good test of golf, Easter Moffat is forgiving, and is an ideal challenge for the average golfer.
We have all the facilities to make a visit truly memorable - a comfortable and well appointed bar serving snacks and meals, visitors' changing facilities room, and showering facilities. Visitors are also welcome to use our putting green and practice facilities.